A birth announcement is a simple way of announcing to the world that your little angel has arrived. Usually, you send the birth announcement with someone that you want to share the news with.It is a way to make friends and family members a part of the joyous celebration.
You can send out cards, maybe share the news through email. These days personalized gift boxes are also a great way to announce the birth of your baby. But no matter what way you choose it is important to keep the following pointers in mind.
If you want to send out birth announcements, you need to plan few months before the birth of the baby. This is because you once the baby is born you tend to become busy. You should start making a list of people who will be receiving the birth announcement. This way you will have an idea about the total number of birth announcement present that you will need.
Here are tips that you need to follow when you plan on sending out birth announcement.
1. Make a List- You need to make a list of everybody who you think is close to you and should know about the arrival of the baby. You can start with the list of people that you send your holiday cards to. You might also want to include your colleagues or old friends from whom you haven’t heard for a long time. This is might be the ideal time to reconnect. Do not forget to confirm if the address you have is their current address. You should always get some extra birth announcement for people you might have forgotten and also for the family scrapbook.
2. Decide on the Wording and Design- Even though you might not be aware of all the statistics like the weight, date, or time before the birth, you can easily figure out the rest of the words. You can include a poem, quote, or some clever words of wisdom. Wording for baby boy announcements are sometimes different from baby girl announcement wording. So be wary of simply copying them from somewhere.
3. Decide on the Color- Birth announcement usually follow the rule of pink is for girls and blue is for boys. However, in present times, these rules are no longer followed. The announcement now, include a wide range of colors that will complement the birth of your baby. You can choose any color that you want either bright or dark. However, make sure that the color does not become the focus of the announcement.
4. Preorder the Envelopes- This can help in saving a considerable amount of time. When you are done selecting the design for the birth announcement, you should plan ahead of time and order the envelopes which match the announcement. There are some companies that might ask you to make prior booking and payment for the birth announcement. Choose the company wisely. You can check the website of the company to find out the services they offer.
5. Take Plenty of Photos- After the arrival of the baby you need to click plenty of photos. You shouldn’t worry about how good they are. If you click several photos, you will certainly find one that is worth including in the birth announcement. Photo Birth Announcements are a very popular idea these days!
1. Forgetting to Check the Pricing- The price of birth announcement can vary to a great extent. This is the reason you should keep the price in mind and compare the pricing before placing the order. This is a good idea as you will be able to find out best service at the best possible price. Keep in mind that the printing quality varies from one provider to another. When you compare the pricing, you might benefit by choosing a moderately priced company. However, make sure that you do not sacrifice the quality of the print for a lower cost.
2. Not Proofreading the Message- You should proofread the message that you want to print. Having a mistake on the birth announcement creates a bad impression. Hence, check them before you send it out for printing.
3. Not Checking the Extra Fees- You should check if the company that you have chosen has some hidden cost of printing. Make sure that you ask them about it. Also, get signed agreements containing the details of the service that they will be providing.
4. Not Checking Samples- You should just base your decision on the picture of the gifts given on the website. You should ask the company to send you the sample of the baby announcement gift in person. This will give you a better idea about the quality of the product and how the retailers do their work.
5. Return Policy- A majority of the birth announcement retailer tend to have strict return policy. Keep in mind that it is always better to choose a company that offers a guarantee regarding their quality of work and also clearly states the return policy. They should mention what customers need to do if they aren’t happy with the product.